Information Requirements Pursuant to Articles 13 and 14 of the GDPR
According to Articles 13 and 14 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union, the controller of personal data is required to provide the data subject with the information described in the articles. This informational leaflet is in fulfillment of this information requirement.
1. Identity and contact details of the controller and, where applicable, of the controller’s representative
Alumni Freiburg e.V.
University of Freiburg
Haus “Zur lieben Hand”
Tel.: +49 761 203 8814
FAX: +49 761 203 4288
Represented by Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Hans-Jochen Schiewer (1st chair)
Association headquarters/registry court: Freiburg, Germany, Amtsgericht Freiburg i.Br., VR 3221
Tax office/tax reference number: Finanzamt Freiburg, 06469/40402
Responsible for content as described in § 55(2) of the RStV (German Interstate Broadcasting Agreement)
Rudolf-Werner Dreier (managing director)
2. Contact details of the data protection officer
If you have questions on data protection, please send us an email or contact the data protection officer of our organization directly:
The data protection officer of Alumni Freiburg e.V. may be contacted at email@example.com
3. Purposes of the processing for which the personal data are intended
The personal data are processed for purposes of membership relations (e.g., to send members invitations to meetings, collect membership fees, organize events). Moreover, personal data concerning participation in meetings of alumni clubs, alumni chapters, or ambassadors are transmitted to the persons responsible for organizing them. In addition, personal data are transmitted in connection with events consistent with the purposes of the association, including reports on such events on the association’s website, on the association’s social media pages, and on the university’s website, as well as in local, regional, and national print media.
4. Legal basis for the processing
As a rule, personal data are collected because it is necessary for the performance of a contract in accordance with Article 6, paragraph 1, point (b) of the GDPR. The contractual relationship in question is first of all the person’s membership in the association and his or her participation in meetings of the alumni clubs, alumni chapters, or ambassadors. If personal data are collected without their processing being necessary for the fulfillment of the contract, the data are collected on the basis of consent in accordance with Article 6, paragraph 1, point (a) in conjunction with the conditions described in Article 7 of the GDPR. The publication of personal data on the internet or in local, regional, or national print media is in fulfillment of the legitimate interests pursued by the association (see Article 6, paragraph 1, point [f] of the GDPR). The legitimate interests pursued by the association consist in informing the public by reporting on the association’s activities. In this context, personal data, including pictures of the participants, may, for instance, be published within the context of reporting on events consistent with the purposes of the association.
5. Recipients or categories of recipients of the personal data
The personal data of members who participate in meetings of the alumni clubs, alumni chapters, or ambassadors are transmitted to the persons responsible for organizing such meetings for the purpose of establishing contact. The bank account details of members are transmitted to Volksbank Freiburg eG for the purpose of collecting membership fees.
6. Under the conditions named in the respective articles, the data subject shall have the following rights
– the right of access in accordance with Article 15 of the GDPR,
– the right to rectification in accordance with Article 16 of the GDPR,
– the right to erasure in accordance with Article 17 of the GDPR,
– the right to restriction of processing in accordance with Article 18 of the GDPR,
– the right to data portability in accordance with Article 20 of the GDPR,
– the right to object in accordance with Article 21 of the GDPR,
– the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in accordance with Article 77 of the GDPR,
– the right to withdraw consent at any time; the legality of the processing performed on the grounds of the consent prior to its withdrawal remains unaffected by the withdrawal of consent
7. Source of the personal data
The personal data are collected strictly on the basis of consent at matriculation and in the purchase of a membership.
End of information requirements as at May 2018